Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Hollywood Show

It use to be where celebrity meant something. And in a large convention center at a Marriot in Burbank, California, it is a reminder that the stars of the past congregate to be recognized.
When I first attended these events, it was simply to meet some old school crushes I had when I grew up watching television and movies in the 1980's.
The first event I went to, it seemed as though I was going to be hit with a feeling of melancholy of the people who were world famous at a point and then disappeared to the modern audience. This is a reminder that they are loved and remembered. And it has more of a warm feeling of memories than judgement.
Though I've had many an incident where the celebrity seemed less than interested in speaking to me about anything. They are simply there to sign and have you leave them alone.
A few make no bones about their lives, as one celeb bellowed "I'll do almost anything for money!" (this was a beautiful woman, by the way).
Yeah, some fell on hard times. So what? We all do. And we all have standards we need to live. Life in L.A. is NOT cheap. So there's that.
But also, it's a place where I can meet the talent and speak to them about a role in a short film I'm doing. The intimidating part of all this is that, they work with the top of the line talent back in the day. Directors, makeup, hair, other actors. My productions aren't that type. And to be honest, I can't imagine them wanting to be involved if they aren't catered to at the most basic level (which I'm not known for either). To me, it's not good when you don't run a professional grade show. Though, not exactly sure what people are use to.

Any way, it's a great way to find vetted talent. Think about it, they have already been through casting agents, worked for studios, and..are proven to know how to act.
What more can you ask?
I love these shows. It's definitely now a part of my life, and something to look forward to. Essentially, traveling back in time to my most formative years in show business.

No comments:

Post a Comment