Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Actresses In Hollywood

One of the things not mentioned during the #metoo era jazz is that there is a mutual benefit for those women who are desperate to find stardom.
The problem with most women in this town are that they are self-absorbed delusional wrecks. I've met too many to explain, but now with the internet, it has expanded to be pretty much...EVERY woman.
Not that I'm being a woman hater. Quite frankly, crazy women are the most fun. Though I tend to sidestep them now as I get older and have less patience. As a young man coming into L.A. you will more likely run into one of these rather than a nice normal girl. Those girls are boring. Like the girl who likes bad boys, it doesn't surprise me white knights exists as well.

I'd classify myself as a white knight. I didn't realize it before, but my Mom had mental issues as a kid. I'm sure it stemmed from her childhood. But I think I spent a great deal of time finding ways to amuse her. Playing a music instrument or telling jokes or whatever. I never felt that close to my Mom, because I started to see some cracks. I think she feels like we're all ungrateful. It's our way. That said, I came out here and sort of used my filmmaking to meet girls. That's what film nerds did. I can't speak for people like Harvey Weinstein, but for me it was a clumsy attempt at spending more time with women. Turns out all I had to do was to ask them out. Instead, I used a making of a movie to have something to talk about. Sad? Yes. But I got a really awesome girlfriend in college this way. I'm sure I wasn't the first and certainly aren't going to be the last.

In Hollywood, these women come to you. Broken toys of some sort (most women are, but it's not really their fault. Society, regardless of female empowerment still holds their value on appearances. This is nature...sorry). Then being surrounded by even MORE attractive women. Makes one leap from buildings. But that is the arena women live through. I've met a few female directors who have the body of Lara Croft. Both Patty Jenkins and Kathyrn Bigelow could be models. Would anyone listen to them if they looked like Marion the Librarian? Men or women, the worst place to be judged is in Hollywood.

This isn't any different than any other workplace. Guys find the hottest woman working at their company. In the case of Hollywood, it just so happens one is more stunning than the next. And they all are desperate to stand out. Predators like Weinstein understood this and took advantage. Me...I'm not that ballsy. I still wait for them to come to me.

But what I'm getting at is...don't get involved with women who want to work in the industry. Aside from their manic bi-polar borderline issues, it's also that YOU yourself need to focus on making movies with people who don't flake (remember my pet peeve of that). Or who go the distance with you. It's easy to figure out, they text you back within a day and they come with ideas. It doesn't surprise me that girls LOVE the character of Holly Golightly from "Breakfast At Tiffany's" she's a flake who does what she wants but beats the big city at their own game. Needless to say, that doesn't happen. But the fantasy of a strong woman who uses and loses men, women and whomever stands between them and their next adventure is enticing. Though, the realistic view is that beauty fades, and those types of women turn to pills and self-destruction. A hot girl who aged wanting to be treated like a goddess is one of the saddest thing you may encounter if you're here long enough.

Just keep making movies. Rememeber, FOCUS on what YOU want. Use and lose goes both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment