Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Goodbye Apu!

Hank Azaria, the voice of Apu from "The Simpsons" has decided not to do that hilarious Kwik-E-Mart character due to some (probably Caucasian) busybody who thinks it's offensive.
So much for comedy.
I think to characterized as a Simpson character has got to be one of the greatest honors ever. I'd love to be mocked by that show. It immortalizes you in television and you didn't even have to do shit.

But I cannot tell others how they should feel. Only that entertainment is dangerously close of losing...um...entertainment. Every entertainer is now on watch. Which is EXACTLY the opposite of what we really want. We want irreverance. And unbridled. And uncensored. But now...we can't even laugh at our own society. Was Apu an offensive character? I don't even know. I've seen Krusty the Clown do a bit about the Chinese which I found offensive. But the bit was about how comedy changes. And we are dealing with Ivy League writers, so it's not like they can even grasp bigotry.
Too bad...we had fun things before.

No comments:

Post a Comment