Tuesday, March 6, 2018

I'm 42 Years Old

The reason this is of any importance is because all last year I thought was 43 years old.
Yes, today is my birthday. What a weird day. I woke up and went to Del Taco at 4 in the morning and the girl (I think it was a girl) gave me a free coffee. I didn't mention anything other than I just wanted to add a small coffee to my order of shrimp tacos (yes..for breakfast). Then I got out of work early and my supervisor added in the hours anyway.
Great dude.
Then when I went to pick up my processed film they only charged me for one roll to clean and prep rather than two. Perhaps it's me looking closer at good fortune. And I ended the day quietly watching "The Legend of Billie Jean" when Helen Slater was nubile and sleek and now "Fresh Horses" with Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy. Why? I bought an 80's teen drama 8 pack. Sometimes they won't all be hits.
A lot of people would consider this a bland boring birthday, but I gotta tell you...it was one of the most relaxing in a LONG time. Probably because, in my mind now, I bought myself another year. I'm not 43.
Believe it or not, my Mom and Dad probably forgot. Cue "Sixteen Candles". Though my Mom will most likely dismiss my accusations with "You think I'd forget the day I pushed your fat head through my hoo-hah?!" I'd shrug, as if anyone could hear it. And that would be that.
Happy Birfday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment