Thursday, October 1, 2020

Okay, Here's Your Problem

"I don't have a problem..." you say?
Yeah, you do.

Recently I have a friend who wanted to be an actress became a model and went to Colorado to hide out. We're not close enough for me to ask what her circumstances were but I know she had an issue with drugs and alcohol and a string of terrible men in her life. Now she is destitute stuck and doesn't have enough money to buy food or pay rent. I'd help her (which I have in the past) but I know it wouldn't help her.

Typical Hollywood story.

She was one of the ambitious ones. So I thought.
A lot of times, pretty people come to this town and think it's enough to be pretty. It's not. You also have to be willing to put in work. Too many pretty people think just being pretty means something. It does, in say...Terrell, Texas, and even then...it's a few years of hotness before you're old shoe. Women have zero clue to this because the really beautiful ones spend too little time considering why people treat them so well (these also happen to be the ones who put so much plastic in themselves, they might as well be a toy). But there are some who skate on their looks for a while until they realize the unsurmountable influx of pretty people and turn to doing sexual favors for roles. Or even to survive. Again, typical Hollywood story.

For you production people, a lot sometimes translates. It's a lot of connections that keep you working. And having focus and putting your head down and WORKING. And paying attention. And on top of all that...being smart about it. Common sense smart. I wasn't that at all. I fucked up early on. A LOT of crews do NOT suffer fools. And if you come on set, you learn fast what to do and not to do. And people aren't pleasant about it either. Well, some are. But you can tell they want you dead.

Perhaps the business is different now. I doubt it.
To all those who think you are "special" You are. Seriously you are. But Hollywood isn't even about "special" If you think about it, that mentality is only if you make it. Then people treat you like you are. Don't feel it until you achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment