Thursday, May 26, 2022

Ray Liotta

Sure, I know most of you think of Ray as Henry Hill from "Goodfellas" But a deeply underrated role where he plays someone so psychotic it literally shook me up for a while is "Something Wild" A movie directed by Jonathan Demme. In it, he plays a very scary man. A hood, per say. Which seemed to have haunted him from that point on. He, unfortunately got lumped into high strung weirdo roles. Watch him in "Copland" or "Identity" you got the feeling the guy loved cocaine. How the fuck did Tom Sizemore outlive him? Anyway, Ray Liotta defined a little of my life. "Field Of Dreams" had him playing a pretty cool character. And obviously "GoodFellas" was the epitome to me of the beginning of Martin Scorsese's next life. Post that movie. Man, it's hard to think when all the people I saw on the big screen when I was a teen disappear. Take care out in the corn fields Ray. You were a Good Fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment