Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The Cult

 A guy once asked me why I don't like things that are cool.

I don't follow the zeitgeist and I certainly don't grab onto a trend.

Someone who says this sadden me. Because they follow trends, most likely to know what society wants. I don't care what society likes. As a whole, as we've discovered, they're dumb.

Now I get if you said something like: "making movies is VERY hard and I respect anyone who would even try" That makes sense.

But to like everything.

That makes you a retard.

It is okay NOT to like something because it is the mainstream. I hate Marvel movies because they look cheap and is a freight train of whichever actor is out of work. To me, they are the dumbest factory films out there. And it slowly draws in even the staunchest of people who are critical to these movies. People like Robert Redford who shows up in one of these. They gather talent...and wastes them.

Comic book movies USE to have some significant merit into American pop culture, but that doesn't exists anymore. The creators of these shot themselves in the foot when they made a gazillion of them. Or keep rebooting them or "re-imagining" them into our world. It's tiresome and adds nothing to our culture.

Think about it, can you name a distinct thing about the last decade that stands out in terms of identifying a decade?

There are shows dedicated to the 1980's and 90's.

I'm not saying they had any cultural impact, but they certainly had originality.

As it stands now, being disgusted by the obliteration of distinct style is warranted. They don't even build on what is there. They either flat out steal or blandly take from themselves. It has no...unique quality.

Because that's difficult to crack.

And we are adverse to work...I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment