Sunday, November 8, 2020

Who is Alex Trebek?

 Mr. Trebek has been a staple of gameshow for decades and has done the world of service in terms of presenting trivia. I gained so much useless knowledge through his show, and yes...it was HIS show because of it. I use the term "useless" as it had no particular function in my life other than to lord it over people. My oldest sister loves this type of knowledge.

But I loved Alex Trebek. The name itself became a brand, and if you leave a legacy like that, you deserve a place in heaven.

The thing about the show "Jeopardy" is that nothing really changed in it's entire run. They were answers that you formed into questions. I recall a Commodore 64 game with that, and an electronic voice of Alex Trebek saying you win or lose or whatever. Man that was fun. Except you had to type in the answer EXACTLY correct. The A.I. knew to mix it up. But we found a workaround when the questions popped up again. This was an amazing way to get encyclopedic if you couldn't afford the books (yes, back then they costs a TON).

This is most definitely the end of an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment