Friday, September 27, 2019

Influencers

In the world of social media, influencers are paid to advertise their gear.
In laymen's term, they are a billboard for a product or event.
They "influence" people to buy or do something.
I laughed at this at first, but last night I found out a young man purchased a $9,000 camera because he had seen that I had one. Or at least used one. Then there is a person on YouTube who told me he was shooting his thesis on film because he had researched film shooting and saw one of my films online.

I would say, be very very careful how you present yourselves. In this case, I'm incredibly flattered anyone would dive that deep. On the other hand, there are also a lot of factors to consider. Such as, making films on film takes a different breed. Both these guys are in their 20's. I welcome this simply because they are our future filmmakers and the more we get of them, the more we make it survive.

HOWEVER, especially for women, sometimes what you put out there (especially sexy thick delicious bodacious bodies glistening in the sun) are gawked at by dirty sweaty perverts (such as myself). And you could create future "incels" who can't possibly find a woman as delectable as you. Unless you stalk them which is a crime. So don't. Stay in your basement. Or in L.A., you're studio apartment and spank it.

That said, and to be honest, make decisions after you done research. And post so that it is pretty innocuous. Sometimes I do wonder about my posts. Not because it jeopardizes my future as I strive to be...simple. But because I don't want to get people in trouble in the end.
There is a great responsibility to take on the responsibility of others. I'm not so sure people really understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment