Wednesday, September 11, 2019

9/11 Remembered

I think we're putting too much emphasis on this event.
Saudi Arabians were pissed at America, who were our friends and decided to eradicate our financial system. These dumb sand monkeys thought this would paralyze America's financial status. All it did was make dumb New Yawkers whine about it for the next 18 years and make the fucker even bigger.
The ones involved did nothing to America but calcify our hatred for Arabs. But no one ever thinks that this is also aligned with those cats who "occupied Wall Street."

People also tend to overlook the planes that went down at the Pentagon and United 93 that went down in Pennsylvania after heroic Americans tackled the hijackers and led them to a field somewhere. That one was probably headed towards a very populated area as well.

This is our Pearl Harbor. And it's one of the few things I do remember where I was.
I was in my apartment in Sherman Oaks when my roommate called. I'd just woken up and thought what I saw was a movie. When the first plane hit, my natural reaction was "Whoa! What the fuck?!" The second reaction was...my girlfriend is a flight attendant, wonder if she was okay.
I tried calling her phone, but all lines were tied up for emergencies from that area. I'd heard one of the places had taken off from Dulles in Washington D.C. and she was a commuter jump personnel on United Express. I learned later on that they were hijacking larger planes because the fuel would cause more damage.

The day really didn't change much for me, other than it captured our disbelief that people out there REALLY hated America and Americans. Which most likely, still exists. Movies are prescient when it comes to the conspiracy theories as well. It made me really value the people I had in my life, though I was going through some really tough days in L.A.

I sometimes miss those days. Obviously not the event of which occurred. But that there were simpler days. We had cellphones and not smartphones. And was still trying to find a foothold into this business. And I had a girl who thought about me, and I of her.
If 9/11 meant anything to me, it was the early days of being in Los Angeles struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment