Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Victimization

There seems to be an industry in victimhood. You know that attitude that everyone is out to get them. OR that everything bad that happens is everyone else's fault but theirs. While we had a few years where this was the new norm, the new attitude seems to be that we're sick of being or playing victim. Or at least you should be.

The ones I see it the most from are the Left. And I don't blame them but I do need to say "grow the fuck up." In the past, there has been an ugly amount of bigotry. I've been turned down for a job in lily White Ohio simply because I did not fit the face of their shoppers. Which was pretty much any store in Ohio in the early 1980's. That was ugly. I don't think the people today truly understand real bigotry. They certainly have no clue on racism. The other day, a cop shined a flashlight in my face at a stoplight while I was on my way to work. Yes, my kneejerk reaction was "What the fuck, pig!?" But then, on my street there had been a massive amounts of drug busts lately. So...I was very grateful they were around. Now my friend at work, a Filipino who grew up in Los Angeles, would share a different opinion. He hates cops and has gotten into a lot of trouble because he is who he is. And no institutional authority will ever tell him any other way. Well, one of his kids were taken away from him, and he's on a tight leash with his remaining one. Guess who he blames? Not himself. The judge.
His assumption of me is that I'm a pussy for not standing up for my rights. But there are two things wrong with that. 1) I don't put myself in THOSE situations 2) I have nothing to prove. Meanwhile, he struggles through family court with a chip on his shoulder wondering why LIBERAL California doesn't see things his way. I want to tell him that the law couldn't have made it easier for him if he didn't fucking take drugs. or grew the fuck up. As intelligent as he is, he's also incredibly stubborn. So he suffers needlessly. Brown and Black folk share this pride. I'm not sure who they're trying to impress. But if the conversation came up again in regards to who the pussy is, perhaps the man crying in the corner whose kid was legally removed from him because the law thought he was useless. Nothing I haven't told him. Hard headed.

Obviously, a ton of Brown and Black folk have unresolved issues with authority. Either feeling they've been oppressed or marginalized. And the blowback is a bunch of marches that do, pretty much nothing. Regardless of what these people tell you, you don't do shit. And you're preaching to your own people. So nothing changes. Odd in Los Angeles, let alone hard Left leaning California.
Some people don't see the advantages that can be had, had they NOT been so determined to be a victim. Instead, should exercise discipline. Now call me White-washed or Uncle Tom (literally) all you want. The purpose of my life has nothing to do with having a 2x4 on my shoulders. That was 20 year old me. The 40 year old me just wants to live the remaining days in harmony with society. And those whom I choose to surround myself with or hang out with, I choose to be less abrasive towards their plights. It's hard already to survive in this town. Do you need to fight every wave?

No comments:

Post a Comment