Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Golden Globes 2019

...or as the rest of America refers to it "the fags who win trophies for playing and then bitch about Trump."
I can't remember who is nominated for what, but a few times when I glazed over it, I was thinking "what the fuck?" A few I whole heartedly agree with. Anything "The Favourite" wins is icing on the cake. As most people have referred to it as deliciously wicked and cunty.

I don't think the Globes are as political as the Oscars. Though, it's always been the case, when Marlon Brando didn't take his Oscar for "The Godfather" I think it set a standard for them to send people on their behalf as a result of something political. In those days, no one in attendance wanted to hear it. Can you imagine John The Duke Wayne having to sit through some Indian lady tell him how awful Indians are being treated. You know...like calling them "Indians". Meryl Streep is the next piece of shit that comes to mind when it comes to political bullshit. This bitch was in Harvey Weinstein's corner. And truth be told, she should probably come out and tell the truth. Like most of these bitches winning awards wouldn't have had they sucked off Weinstein. She knew. Unless she's an idiot. Though I knew, but no one cares what I fucking say. Maybe she should clam up. No one should self-detonate their careers. Though, you wonder about Dustin Hoffman disappearing. Because he was accused of some sexual aggression. He's a fucking short Jew. Leave him the fuck alone. Like tiny Asian dudes who DON'T know martial arts, the more you chase away, the less there are. Also, you do have Andy Samberg hosting it. So there's that Jew thing. Bring back Hoffman you fucks!

Speaking of which...I saw "Crazy Rich Asians" And though I found it...pleasant...to be this inundated with award talk is really fucking dumb. It's a passable diversion, at best. Though, this is their token "we want to be inclusive" film. Much like "Black Panther" which...I'm still laughing about. Really? Back to "Crazy Rich Asians"...I think you could excuse this flick much like "Four Weddings And a Funeral" was nominated. I like that romantic comedies (which wasn't very funny) get nods. But there was a better choice to draw a light onto the disparity. Also, this is America. Most of Americans couldn't give a shit about crazy rich Asians. Most crazy rich Asians probably want to be left alone, because you'd find out some devious reason why they're crazy rich Asians.

I'm pulling for "The Favourite." Yes, my favorite is "The Favourite" I think it's really the only one with the least amount of politics pushing for it. You know...like "Vice" is obviously the front runner, "The Favourite" is simply a fun high school immature Victorian comedy dressed in frilly shit. The others seem such the political powder keg.

No comments:

Post a Comment