Friday, May 30, 2014

The Kid In Santa Barbara

Hiya folks,
Sorry for the really pissy posts lately. Giving up the creature has been more difficult this time than last. But I like that I can vent somewhere. Which brings me to this dude in Santa Barbara who shot up a sorority, killing many women, due to being (obviously) whacked out his mind of envy.

I'm really confused about today's youth. I ask my 14 year old nephew if he's excited about learning how to drive. He answers with a shrug. Man...back in my day, I couldn't wait to drive. The mystery of the open road lay ahead of me. And it meant freedom. Today's kids could give a shit. Nothing is fascinating to them anymore. And more than likely has caused this type of fallout between kids today and the previous years.

When I was in high school/college, the most of my worries were that some girl wouldn't go out with me. Or probably worse, that she would make fun of me for even asking her out. This was it. No fear of people shooting my school up. Or coming to stab me. And this coming from the very ultra rare Asian face in upper middle Ohio. So...what has changed? Well, we can't smack kids around anymore, and everyone gets a trophy. We've fucked up royally somewhere. In the very breath we claim that everyone is special, we've built up someone's psyche so full of themselves, we never questioned whether or not this would harm a person's actions. It boils down to this: rejection.

Yes, life is an abundance of rejection. Oodles or rejection. Rejection so hurtful it drives us into madness sometimes. But...BIG BUT...we get over it. We learn and we move on. We've crippled children today to NOT accept rejection. Yes, I get persistence is good, but absorb rejection and learn how to cope.

I hate rejection. So much, that I write about it here sometimes. I think it's funny now. These are stories I love telling people later on. The mishaps of very clumsy courting. Taking it all in stride. The fear. The pain. All of it goes for GREAT stories. So what does this fucking kid in Santa Barbara do? He makes videos. And then broadcasts his mental instability for a call to action. What a moron. In fact, at that point, authorities should have the right to beat him to a pulp and throw him into a well. Because you know a kid in that age group and demographic has enough follow through. Common sense here...when you take your precious post-teen life to make videos, upload to YouTube...guess what? You're a serious mofo. Me? I drink in a dark corner. Writing stupid blogs. But venting how lousy sometimes life is. I say to this kid..."man...live into your 30's get married and see if you still want women in your life." That's all it took. I think his imagination ran away with him. And it gets worse...

...so now there's this fucking boy's club about turning their back on women. Not that they're homos, but that they would rather label women as money grubbing slut whores than buckle down and find one for a wife. Dude...that's totally this cultures fuck-up. Kardashian, that whole clan should be held responsible for this nonsense. A whole culture so enamored with no one. She's totally no one. Or Paris Hilton. This is what we saw since they were children. I fucking grew up with Mary Tyler Moore and Golden Girls. No one would be caught dead acting like they do now. And if they did, the community would shame them into oblivion. Nowadays, they make front page. And in some sense, maybe emulated by women as empowerment. I don't blame women in the least. I think they're just moving along with their lives, living it...and becoming really aware, that we guys are, more or less, pretty useless. Which isn't a bad thing. Consider how your lazy gene kicks in when you're called for some speck of responsibility. I'd run for the hills. So, now, being down graded beneath the loyalty of a cat or dog...well, you decide how you want to deal with that.

Personally, had this idiot in SB lived long enough, he'd realize no one was laughing at him. Chances are, he wasn't even on their radar. Probably would've been a great opportunity to enrich himself with learning a craft. As most lonely productive people seem to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment