Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting The Six Pack Back

So I shed a lot of doughy-ness recently.

From what I can gather, been eating more vegetables and meat. I start the morning off with a whey protein shake. About 16 ounces.

And later in the afternoon I'll take some steak and steamed vegetables. They got these steam bags at the grocery store that are so great and convenient. At night, I sometimes go to a ramen place. I realize the noodles and salt aren't necessarily a good thing, but I take dandelion root now and drink a lot of water. I figure it gets expunged by the next day. I can't stop eating ramen.

As far as working out, I've been doing more leg presses. In between, I'll sprint in place for 30 seconds and do another set of leg presses. I end most workouts with the stairclimber. Maybe for 15 minutes. I use a resistance band and stretch while I'm on the machine. I call this the "slave walk" since I wrap the bands around my shoulders and draw the cables underneath in my palms, that replicates what I think a person in chains would walk. I feel the pull in shoulders and chest. It really amps up the stair workout.

Stair climbing machines are great. The really work the core. I can feel a constant pull at my abs. I think the imbalance also causes even more of a workout.

I still do weights for upper body. But not as much weight as I use to do. I see guys at the gym doing two 45lbs plates on the bench, and remember when that was a starting place for me. I'm kinda glad I don't do that anymore since my shoulder blades were in constant pain. Which is not good.

I do a lot of what you see in P90x too. I don't overdo it like them, since I don't want to shed all muscle. My goal isn't weight loss as much as it's to get that shrink wrapped muscle. Still gotta look into quitting the booze. That's the one thing the liver is painfully holding on to. As well as my midsection.

All in all, I can see definition again in my abs. And that just is more encouragement to keep doing what I've been doing.

If I were to say what exercise that cuts the abs the quickest, I'd go with the leg press/squats. I can really feel the resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment