Friday, August 5, 2022

Film Screenings

I hate them. Especially festivals. They are interminably boring. With vapid people who believe they have a future in this industry. Cynical? Yeah. They may find success in small doses. But, generally, it starts to sound like nails on a chalkboard when they start pitching you. The banal conversation is probably why this girl I'm seeing didn't want to go to MY screening. Yes...I got stood up. And it took me a while to process why. She ended up spending time with her friends that night. Which is fine. And you may be asking "if she cared about you, she would endure the crap of Hollywood" That is the problem. She doesn't care about me. Typical of this industry really. Personal relationships are a liability. She was a failed choreographer for music videos, commercials and so forth. Failure means you hate everyone who tries. I had thought the same. Which is why I dreaded the screening. I don't want to hear pitches, hopes or dreams. Instead, what she missed out on was...good vibes. NO ONE was there to shop their "vision" or talk shop. They were there to support. What she missed out on was people just being people. I get why she didn't show. But her disgust for the Hollywood schmoozers would've been in vain. Much like my own. Last night's screening was the schmoozers. This was probably more typical. Industry people make my stomach turn, to be honest. They speak in an odd language which only they can understand. After a while it would nauseate any human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment