Friday, April 22, 2022

Johnny Depp

The new story in Hollywood is the defamation lawsuit from Johnny Depp to ex-wife Amber Heard over being accused of physical abuse which led to Depp losing a lot of work. I've only met Depp once, and he is really gracious to workers. Obviously this is the personae he presents to himself. Between him and Keith Richards, it's hard to imagine who dresses more flamboyantly. A lot of designers throw clothes at these two. I'm sure Depp's wardrobe when I saw him costs more than my car and everything I own. I don't know the details of their relationship. Though both parties seem to be...very dramatic. This is the case between a narcissists and a borderline personality disorder'd woman. It seems like. This is not a confirmation. I've never heard a bad thing about Depp professionally. When he shows to work...he works. The other day I was just thinking about Richard Grieco...as one does. He was really the replacement of Depp who left "21 Jumpstreet" to be a more serious actor. Grieco got his own show called "Booker" Fox really wanted him to be a thing. But he also fell into some substance issues, ruined his looks with something...and disappeared. I sense most of this is the template of Mickey Rourke. Serious actors have serious demons. We all did in the late 90's. Most Americans can't really understand how successful beautiful people can implode. Any way, I saw Richard Grieco at one of those celebrity signing conventions. He was jovial, upbeat and seemed genuinely glad to meet fans. I've experienced some actors who show up drunk or high and can't keep a conversation. Others don't care to talk to you. They're there to sign a thing and hope you leave them alone. The less work they do, the more per hour they get. That said, you know...I do believe Depp. The older he gets the weirder he seems. He speaks in a odd clipped language that seems scripted. He isn't as quippy as he use to be. I'm not sure when his "lines" start to feel phony. He seemed like such a real person to me. But it may just be guarded language. I think he'll work again. This whole thing seems publicity driven. Though a lot of details are coming out to the public. Particularly how he is consumed with addiction. And how he addresses his girlfriends/wives as "cunts" To be honest, in a previous text to an ex, you'd think I were unhinged. They live somewhere out there. As we all have written or said terrible things to people we thought we loved or loved and lost. We are cruel to one another...no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment