Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year!

What do you want to accomplish this year?
Lose weight? Get a better job? Take better care of your family?
If you live out here in Los Angeles and you work in the entertainment business, the one thing that I read most from friends is...survive.
Yes, that is the core of most people as well (I suppose). The basics are covered. Food and shelter.

For me, it's to help others make their celluloid dreams come true. Essentially continue what I did last year. And also make more films. I think I sort of...slowed a little. Mostly due to health issues and also brick walls this town makes. I suppose I need to be better at writing to what I do have. It's also harder and harder to coordinate everything with everyone. The point being: MAKE MORE CONTENT.

This isn't just for some abstract finish line. It's because doing things makes you feel good. Having something that you created from scratch feels damn amazing. That's what filmmaking is, playing God.

Though, here's the other thing... for me, it's being less angry. I have zero reason for it. Having almost died in a car accident, I realize how short life is. And if I spend it being angry, it was a wasted life. Cincinnati Bengals head coach in the 80's to 90's Sam Wyche passed away yesterday. His biggest accomplishment wasn't taking a low market team to the Super Bowl, it was feeding the hungry when he felt like it. And he did it a lot. To me, that is the epitome of being a contributor to your fellow human. He is a legend for that fact alone. AND, he did it without any fanfare. Bonus points.

You know...we're in the roaring 20's again. This time it's 2020. Think about how people in the 1920's felt. Probably how some people will see us a hundred year from now. I digress, let's make a resolution to open our minds and hearts to people. Stop being so damn cynical. Do our best. Not someone else's best.
I have all the faith in you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment