Monday, April 15, 2019

Notre Dame

When I was a kid, I use to draw pictures of the Eiffel Tower. Boy I loved France. I think because I was in love with the French women's accents. They seemed much more...elegant than American women. Sexy sleek lines. Like an oversexed jaguar. I also imagined they were into some real kinky shit.
I never made it to Paris...my dream city since 7th grade. And now, not only are they having terrorist issues, but class warfare and now Notre Dame cathedral has burned.
Arson is my guess.
But that aside, I am so deeply saddened something that is near 900 years is in ruins. That's nearly 3 times as old as America, people. BUT, here's the upside...
...I am now alive to see something being rebuilt. History rebuilt. I am on the ground floor to experience Notre Dame start again. Can you imagine? If you consider that, the disaster isn't as painful because...well, I have to think of something positive. But it is history, though religious (as I am not).
I'm thinking of you France. Be well. The ones who are alive to mourn are at the very least alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment