Monday, September 19, 2022

"The Woman King" - Law of Low Expectations

I will probably go see this movie because I like Viola Davis and it feels like another "Braveheart" Which I love inaccurate historical flicks of revenge. There's been much said about the falsehoods this movie portrays. Honestly, I think that's what the trailer is trying to do. This movie opened in over 4000 theaters. You think it wasn't going to make some money? Perhaps. But, if you think about it, it is REALLY low for a $50 million investment. Why aren't media mocking it as needing to make triple that to be considered success. Because the problem with Lefties is that it requires them to have low expections for Brown and Black people. Essentially, if you are a Democrat you are a racist. Racist don't know they're racist. They hide it under the guise of good will. Patronizing Black and Brown people isn't racism. You wouldn't treat your fellow White's with the same kid gloves. Being treated equal in life is about listening. And as I reiterated time and time again, no one listens. I do give an advantage to the Midwesterner. Since I consider myself one. I listen intently. Not to gather information but because you should be fascinated by people. Most people have banal conversations. Debate is a give and take. Any way, the fact that this movie is a 95% on that aggregate review site is vomitously funny. Even "Braveheart" had its detractors. This is clearly a case of media not having the nutsacks to call this what it is. Dumb entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment