Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Simple Act Of Not Giving A Shit

Lately...and I'm gonna come under some fire for this, I've been thinking about family. Family and friends are great. But, let's be honest here. We all die. And not only die, we make others suffer/worry/love/hate on our way down. So I ask many of you...what is the purpose of bringing someone else into your demise.

Personally, I feel it's really a selfish miserable act. Having children...it's the worst. Why? Because one day, you will either die young and leave them nothing, or die old and milk the last remaining breath of what they hear, haunting them for life.

I notice this odd phenomenon on Facebook. Usually it's people who post how they miss their mother/father/sister/dog etc...whining about how sad they are. Or how they can hear them from the afterlife. Bullshit. When I die, I don't want to hear anymore of anyone's bullshit. Oh how often do we pretend to care.

Speaking of which, that's a TERRIBLE thing to leave people with. The very thought that you live on another plane somewhere in some mystical universe that a human brain cannot even fathom. Think about what people say while they're alive "well, I'm glad I got to know the guy." Or "he taught me how to be a better human being." Yeah...so what? I'm sure you will pass on a similar legacy. Probably be seen in a higher realm of humanity. Will you be around to enjoy the accolades of your altruism? No. Of course not. So, let's put it in tangible terms. Why would you put money in a bank with the understanding you will NEVER retire on it?

No point. I find it somewhat reprehensible that people, in some religion/culture, promotes this much procreation? Why? To make others on the planet miserable. Look, if you really want to do humanity a favor. Stop having children. Seriously. Not for me. Or for your neighbor. But because in truth, NO ONE can stand you....eventually. They may find you interesting at first. Or even make the time you have on Earth bearable (for a bit), but in the end, YOU are a burden. Sorry. It's true.

Am I happier or sadder for drawing this conclusion. Ah folks...this is the simple act of not giving a flying shit. And it's not a bad place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment