Saturday, July 16, 2016

Young man's game

Making low budget movies is for young guys. Long hours are taxing on old bones. I get real unnerved by the extent of what people will push others to. Though I noticed this time things have changed. Everyone on their cell phones. Even during a take. The obvious fact is...film sets are boring. Though we've lost the art of communicating. Don't get me wrong I'm as guilty since sometimes the crew doesn't really seem interested. A paycheck is a paycheck. I recall one of my first gigs on "Saw" cell phones didn't give u world access. At best they texted. But back then that shit costs money. It is remarkable how distracted people are now. Specifically this younger crew. The assistant camera guy on this was texting DURING a take. Unreal. What is to become of this industry. Seems the intrigue of filmmaking is dead. They just want the glory. Dues were paid then. Not so much now. I'm actually sicken by this new breed. Thy will move forth. As if it mattered to any of us. The end product is what matters. But I your wondering why you haven't moved up in the world...try paying attention to it

No comments:

Post a Comment