Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sidestepping Hollywood Landmine

I know you can't completely leap over this landmine, but there are people in this town (and I suspect in most corporate entities) where people will ask you benign questions such as "got any plans for the weekend?" Which isn't remotely about what they care about what you do on the weekend. It is strictly so they gather information on you. The dumbest part about these people are...they are too stupid to remember what you told them.

If you've been in this town long enough, you will know, a lot of outreached hands with the promise of friendship is total garbage. People are so insecure they file away this information to bring up later in some passive/aggressive mode. For instance, this idiot who I work with...he's completely useless to the company only that he can shuffle paperwork and kiss a ton of ass (note to self, to excel, one must learn NOT to speak directly on what's on one's mind). This jackass loves getting into people's business solely to tap a nerve. And waits in anticipation for you to react.
Said dum-dum's wife makes STUPID videos. They are amateur at best. I, of course, deal with film and have worked on massive productions (and small insignificant ones as well). He knows this but will never acknowledge it. As far as he's concern, he is in charge.

In the interim of my own projects, I extend my help to many other people who shoot their movies on film. I've cleared it with HIS boss. And so what happens? This insecure ape suddenly...decides I need to check everything in with the vault. Now...this isn't his rule, it's mandated by some powers that have nothing to do with him. But this spineless turd had the audacity to pass on this observation to do personal work on as if the guy above him had been watching. I know this is horseshit, simply because I've talked to that guy above him. He's kindly and quite charitably extend so much help to me for this endeavor, I'm ashamed I would even mention him offhandedly here.

What can I gather from this? It came directly from his sense of failure...if I happen to succeed. Never mind that I use to scream at people like him back when I was still shooting movies. So for that reason, yeah, perhaps I've got a little bit of entitlement when it comes to being told what to do by what was once a minion. He's in his 50's and has no clue what I've accomplished (or in my mind, haven't accomplished). In that sense, his ability to ply information is to his benefit to twist the screws.
"Doing any more of those projects?"
"Yeah, here and there" I says.
"Freebies?" he gingerly implies subpar projects
"No. Actually I was surprised I got paid on the last one. Wasn't even expecting it. More on that one than I do here at work."
"That's good" that flat voice tells me everything I need to know. He's envious and can't stand that a pissant such as myself would ever think I could do anything of merit.

So is the dance of the miserable. Petty miserable fucking loser.

Many people in this town only hear what they need to hear in order to get a leg up on your business, so the inferior person can feel superior. It's a bit ruthless, and a game I don't care to play. I just put people like that in their place, when I can. The worse part, most don't even realize that comes from very deep insecurity. Pity them.

No comments:

Post a Comment