Thursday, July 28, 2016

Underpaid Servants Are Dickwads

Here's the problem...you either have work ethic or you don't. The young people of today...from what I see, lack it to an extent of making me ill. I wish that there was suffering with these fucking youngsters, but there isn't. A poor person in India can't drink water without getting dysentery. A poor person in America complains about having a 25" flatscreen 1080p television.

It occurred to me, as I was telling our vault that the database THEY'VE created is incorrect and will cause THEM bigger issues in the future. Did I get a "thank you." Fuck me. Of course not, I got defensive backlash. Why? Because I suggested they do their job...correctly. Back when I worked in the vault, I would've been so ashamed, I'd jump to fixing the problem. Instead, the punk fucking kid with sunglasses shrugs "can you tell me which rolls are wrong?" No motherfucker! It's a lottery. Or weren't you listening the first time. Oh, I get it...all you heard was how retarded I thought you were. Even though I never once implied that. In fact, I volunteered to help. Did that bridge the gap? Nope. This fucker proceeded to give me the security reasons as to why I couldn't help. Why? I'll tell you...so he can NOT do it. See, the minute I left, he probably sat and seethed at how the Big Bad Man had told him how stupid he is. The point being....WHY should I even walk on eggshells on someone so incompetent. But I did. Placating people like this is why this country is going to shit. Use to be, this guy would've been shit-canned. So now we gotta' play a passive-aggressive game. Company wide email to force this jerk to...do his job.

So now I'm back to my work ethic theme...when you pay people so little, the majority will work DOWN to that level. Whatever that means. No one ever thinks that...you took the dough that was offered...then proceeded to half-ass your job. Really? How stupid are these people? I dealt with someone similar to this a few years back. I trained the asshat in my department, only to have him refuse to do as much work as he was required. Because why? No one appreciated him. THAT is such a young person thing. They don't get recognition, so they throw a tantrum (or what would be an equivalent, which is not do anything). Who ends up picking up the slack? Unfortunately those who care about the process. To make the company better. To improve. Money or no money. I never complain about work, UNLESS it's unnecessary. For instance, doing things three or four times is a waste of time. Complain. I don't mind figuring it out the first time. That takes as much time and work. I'm not entirely sure how or why this happens. Only that I have no clout to really tell these assholes what I really think of them. They're WAY too stupid to figure it out anyway. I get it now. As an adult, one must balance the blank look as you berate a person to how much you want to sock them in their stupid faces. Or is it "temper."

No comments:

Post a Comment