Thursday, September 26, 2024

Wow It's Been A Minute

It's not so much that I'm less angry. It's that I'm busy. But from what? well, I started a club that only shoots on film. It's grown fairly large now with a lot of supporters. If you plan on making your own group, I have a suggestion for you: don't. Unless you have time and mental bandwith to deal with the public. This is not for you. I remember a while back when our club was just a handful of people. We sat around talking about gear and then that was that Today, making movies on film consumes a lot of brain power. Specifically, always planning ahead. There's so many people who are seeking a community and that's nice. But I rattle off the same dumb pitch that it has sort of drain some enthusiasm for it. Fighting people repetitively over film vs. digital medium gets exhausting. I don't think I need to rationalize myself. Nor need to fully answer questions. It's like they want me to justify something they should already know. Frustrating, for sure. My co-workers seem to like patting me on the head on this. They think it's a nice side hustle. In terms of guiding younger people into the movie business. Truth...most of them won't make it. As an ex-girlfriend use to say "life gets in the way" I think the older you get, the more you go with the flow. Wherever that may take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment